Boy. I had promised to write on this thing at LEAST once a week....looks like i need to start getting into a habit. Now, nothing in my life is new or exciting. School sucks because of all the homework that we're getting...and work sucks because i'm not working until next weekend now.
Speaking of work, last Sunday, i got to work at the gemini awards. It was SO much fun! Well, it was until after the hoors d'oerves were served and I became instantly clumsy, and not able to do anything while we were serving supper. But i did get to meet some people that I admire so much, like Luba Goy. She's from the Real Canadian Air Farce, and when i was like, 8, i would be up at 6am watching her show, and I always loved her the best. So getting to meet her and talk to her for a few seconds was probably the highlight of my night. I also saw some recognizable faces, such as the (pretty much) entire cast of corner gas, kevin newman....and....lots of people from little mosque on the prairie. And, i also saw the person i wanted to see most for literally a second before he dashed off....yes, it was the hunky, adorable, slightly -badass George Strombolopolous (i probably butchered the name there). That was definetly another highlight of my night, although he is much shorter than you'd think he is....i think he may have even been a little shorter than i am. But still, it's George, and you love him no matter what.
So that's my work life....and speaking of work, i'm really excited because next saturday me and a girl from work are going to get tickets to the Hedley concert. So I am very very excited about that. I actually just bought there new cd a few days ago, and its probably five times better than they're first cd, and i loved their first one. So now i'm just hoping that the concert isn't going to be sold out by next saturday.
I'm also realizing that i hate my social teacher. He's rude, yells alot, and hates me. I actually have a social project that i should be working on....oh well. He's assigned this other project as well where you have to talk about your families history, and from talking to a few people, it's obvious that everyone is making it all up. So that should be a quick enough assignment, because all you'll have to do is google up a place from wherever your family came from, and then just talk about how your family felt when they migrated over here. It's a pretty dumb assignment if you ask me...and not because you learn about your family and stuff, thats actually a good idea. But for a grade twelve class, it makes it seem like he thinks that we have nothing better to do than to research our family. But really, the people I have met at my school, really don't even have time to stop running and take a break. So how he thinks that we're going to actually research all of this stuff, i'll never know.
I've also discovered some disappointing news....Regina doesn't have a 3d theather capable of showing the nightmare before christmas in 3d. This of course, is very disappointing because as it is my favourite movie of all time, not being able to see it in 3d just plain out sucks. I was told by our Imax that if i really wanted to see it, the closest place i would have to go to would be either Calgary or Edmonton...and that just made me miss home even more!
Anyways, gotta go and finish my social.....for if i don't, the whole universe will implode!
TTYL
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Jeez Louise....
Posted by Amanda at 10:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow I am so sorry that I didn’t check your blog earlier. That is sooo cool it sounded like you had an awesome time at the gemini awards.(I had no idea that that was how you spelled "hoors d'oerves") WOW George Strombolopolous he is so awesome, I have honestly never watched his show but now I know why he is always sitting, I pretty much love his name.
Good luck with getting Hedley ticket, I have heard some of there music and I kinda like it, but the lead singer kinda scares me.
that just means that you will have to come to Calgary to see the Nightmare Before Christmas =) either that or we can all go see you and put on a 3d rendition of it, I could so totally be an awesome Zero.
Seeing as the universe isn’t imploded I am guessing that you finished your social project, I hope you did well. =)
sorry about the long comment. I less then three you. =)
p.s. I deleted the comment above because I reread it after I posted and I was seriously embaressed at the multitude of grammatical errors.
Post a Comment