You know what I will probably never understand about pre-teen girls, why everything has to be what everyone else wants and not what they want. Yes, I admit i've fallen for the "do what's cool" bit too, but definitely not as bad as my sister (and soon to be sisters) have it. If you're not understanding what this post is about, i will give enough examples for you to get the picture:
1) Spending at least an hour on your hair, and another ten minutes on your makeup
2) Going shopping every weekend and buying a shirt that is too tight, and made out of material that cost the designer three dollars, and they are now charging it for fifteen
3)Using my hair straightener when they've been told specifically not to use it
4)Using name-calling to try to get even
5)Expects you to clean the entire house up for her friend to come over while she stares at the mirror to make sure that she looks perfect
6)Refuses to buy anything that is from Wal-mart, Zellers, and other big-name discount stores
7)Stares at herself in the mirror and pouts her lip to see if she's looking any better
8)The only calls coming in are the ones from her friend...who she sees everyday, but believes something bad will happen to her reputation if she doesn't talk to her for at least an hour after school
9)Watches tv shows that are way out of her age group...aka gossip girl and other superficial dramas with sex scenes in it, and
10)Refuses to treat you like a human being unless that are witnesses around, or she wants you to drive her some where...
....oh superficial society, what have you done to my sisters???
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
hrrrmmmmmm.....
Posted by Amanda at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That totally sucks. Something must be done, you should lock them in a room full of mirrors until they see how superficial they are being. Just try to remember that you where once one of the many people that were plagued with preteendom, although I dont think that you were ever that annoying.
I less then three you =)
Aww Amanda that sucks! But I honestly think that it is a stage that everyone has to go through. I did some of that stuff and now I look back and laugh. Your sisters don't realise what superficial really means. They will most likely grow out of it. And if they don't have an intervention.
Oh and another thing. Gossip Girl is an awesome show, but if they look at it and say 'That's what my life should be like' then there is a definite problem. I love it because it is so 'this would never happen'!
Post a Comment