CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 1, 2007

The First of Many

Alright. my first blog post. how exciting! i don't exactly know what you're supposed to put onto these things...so this is my attempt. Things have been quite intense the last week....well, more intense than what i'm used to in boring ol' saskatchewan. You see, it's that time of year again that all high school students dread, and little kids and commercial stores look forward to...yes, school. Now, had I been going to a high school where i actually knew people, i don't think that this week would have been so terrible...but of course, i know no one at my school because people here tend to be very specific when it comes to the type of people that they will associate themselves with.

As well, this year is grade twelve for me...and oh my god (!) I don't know if I am ready for it. I guess that we will just have to se what is going to end up happening...and I have a feeling that the next ten months will be some, if not completely, of the toughest months that I have ever experienced. Take chemistry 30 for example... I didn't pay attention in chemistry 20 (through no fault of my own) and I now am having to have my father AND my chemistry teacher teaching me stuff outside of school...on my own time...when I could be doing less productive things...such as watching tv...or the latest brotherhood 2.0 video.

Today and yesterday have also marked the days of my sisters birthdays. On the less desirable side, the past two days have been filled with spoiled "teeny-boppers" (as my parents say) who request that they don't clean or get treated unfairly. But, on the much more desirable side, the past two days have meant two days of eating cake. mmmmm. I must say that after the cake is gone, it will seem as if having no cake is quite out of the ordinary.The past two days have also been quite warm, so now, with the air conditioner borrowed from my grandmother, my parents have set it up...but now it is too cold in my house, and i risk the threat of losing my toes and fingers at any second. It seems amazing how hard it is to be the perfect temperature, and when it is too cold, people will complain that they want heat, but when it is too hot, people will long for the cold winters. How ironic...

One more thing that I would like to write about tonight, are my friends. I miss them entirely too much, and am hoping that I will some day soon be able to travel across plain, flat saskatchewan, into beautiful Alberta. Right now they are probably trying to soak up the last few moments of summer before school starts for them, so I am wishing them all the best in their attempts to enjoy the remaining moments that they have before grade twelve...or the begining of the rest of our lives, you could say...begins.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Amanda I am most definately amazed at your blogging skills. Awesome first post.<3 I have faith that you will power through this begining of the begining of real life (eek!) and forget about your poor albertan friends =(. Wow that makes me sad dont forget us Amanda! That would make make me cry.



mmmmm cake =)

Amanda said...

aha. well thankyou very much! i've never blogged before...so it was quite interesting. lol. and believe me. i won't forget about my poor albertan friends....EVER! you guys are my best friends...and i don't think anyone can just forget about their best friends. lol

Tamara said...

Your incredible blogging skills
impress me immensely! haha sorry...
I felt like using big words.
I'm with Ang... DON'T FORGET US!

I miss you so so so so so much,
I wish you were here to help me
through my beginning of the
beginning of real life (I'm scared).

I love you and the fact that you have a blog!